Unit 9 - Bump/Limit Sensors and Functions
This unit explains bump and limit sensors. Additionally, students will use functions to program their robot using the bump and limit switches.
Unit Teacher Notes
Click here to download teacher notes for unit 9
This unit explains how a bump and a limit switch function. Additionally, students learn how to use functions to better manage their programming.
- Explain the difference in a bump switch and a limit switch
- Describe the purpose and benefits of a function
- Create code that develops a function
- Draw a flow chart for using a bumper switch
- Create a robot that uses functions to bump into the wall then do a 180 and move forward 10 inches the stops and raises an arm until the limit switch is pressed.
Quiz on the unit
- Check for understanding