Unit 4 - Introduction to Sensors
This unit introduces students to the concept of sensors. The teacher exposes them to the reason for sensors and then each group of students explores a sensor.
Unit Teacher Notes
Click here to download teacher notes for Unit 4
This lesson explains the benefit and trade off in using sensors to control a robot. Then students will explore one sensor in depth and will have to explain the concept to the class through an oral presentation.
- Describe the role of sensors in the field of robotics – Students will be able to:
- Define sensor
- Describe the basic operation common to all sensors
- Compare human senses to robot electronic sensors.
- Explain the operational principles of electronic sensors.
- Describe on a basic level how sensors are integrated into robots via logic and computer programming.
- Develop an understanding of how inputs such as sensors help robots to function.